RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: PRESENTATION OF BARCELONA'S NEW SIGNING, SERGINO DEST, PLAYER SIGNING CONTRACT WITH BARCELONA PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, DEST AND BARTOMEU HOLDING SHIRT AND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
SHOWS: BARCELONA, SPAIN (OCTOBER 2, 2020) (BARCA TV - MUST NOT OBSCURE LOGO)
1. BARCELONA'S NEW SIGNING, SERGINO DEST JUGGLING BALL AND DOING KEEPIE UPPIES (KICK-UPS) ON PITCH AT THE CAMP NOU DURING HIS PRESENTATION, DEST ATTEMPTING A TICK CALLED 'AROUND-THE-WORLD' BUT IT BEFORE IT RICOCHETS OFF HIS THIGH AND ROLLS AWAY FROM HIM, DEST CONTINUES TO DO TRICKS WITH THE BALL AS PART OF HIS PRESENTATION
2. VARIOUS OF DEST SIGNING CONTRACT ALONGSIDE BARCELONA PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU
3. VARIOUS OF BARTOMEU AND DEST BUMPING ELBOWS, INSTEAD OF SHAKING HANDS, WHILE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
4. DEST PICKING UP A PEN AND SIGNING HIS ON AUTOGRAPH ON A LARGE POSTER BEFORE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS WITH BARTOMEU WHILE HOLDING A BARCA SHIRT
5. BARTOMEU AND DEST HOLDING SHIRT WHILE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE CAMP NOU
6. DEST AND BARTOMEU POSE FOR PHOTOGRAPHS WITH TWO CLUB OFFICIALS
STORY: Sergino Dest may have followed his heart to sign for Barcelona but the United States full back had a moment to forget on his first day at the club.
Dest, who signed for 21 million euros from Ajax Amsterdam, was presented to the media on the Camp Nou and while doing the traditional tricks and keepie uppies (kick-ups) with a ball, the American made a mess of one piece of skill with the ball ricocheting off his thigh and rolling away.
The 19-year-old did redeem himself with some nifty footwork afterwards but it was not enough to prevent the initial error going viral on social media.
Dest, who broke into Ajax's first team from their academy last season and has played three times for the U.S, signed a five-year contract with a release clause of 400 million euros.
The defender will compete with Sergi Roberto for a first team berth after Portugal right back Nelson Semedo left Barca for Wolverhampton Wanderers last week.
(Production: Tim Hart)