Share-worthy stories from the Illinois Patch network to talk about tonight:
Biologists and conservation police asked the public to stop harassing the black bear passing through western Illinois.
A man beaten during the incident later died at a suburban hospital, and the medical examiner called the death a homicide.
The city also nixed other types of recreational pot businesses apart from dispensaries.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot angrily skewered a meme tweeted by the Chicago Teachers Union as "racist," depicting her wearing a Chicago police uniform while bound and being unmasked by the characters from the Scooby-Doo cartoon.
The state police's criminal investigation unit won't release details on the death of Carl Gordon, who was recovered from the Calumet River.
There is a "very high percentage" chance that 700 nurses could strike July 4, mainly over staffing levels at the Joliet hospital.
Also Worth a Look Today
- Fall Fest Is A Go: Village
- Roller Rink Can Open In Phase 4
- Suburban Dance Team On AGT
- Live Music Returns To Town
- Chick Fil-A Still Coming To Joliet
- Drive-Thru Rabies Vaccines
- Man On Bike Attacked 2 Women: Police
- Swedish Days To Return Virtually
- Anytime Fitness Opens Friday
- Summer Solstice 2020: 5 Things The Coronavirus Can't Take From Us
- Officers Charged In Rayshard Brooks' Death Turn Themselves In
Thank you for reading.