Shrove Tuesday 2019 is just around the corner. Pancake Day falls on Tuesday, March 5th - but why not try something a bit more international this year?
If you're in the mood for a feast, why not whip up a batch of these American pancakes for brunch with sweet banana, juicy blueberries, maple syrup and cinnamon.
Here's an easy and delicious recipe to try.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 2 knobs of butter (1 melted)
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of mixed berries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until foamy, then add a knob of melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in the egg mixture and whisk furiously until lump-free.
- Mash the banana and add to the mixture.
- Chuck a knob of butter in a hot pan until it bubbles. Ladle the mixture into the pan to form a pancake shape.
- Sprinkle a few berries on top of each pancake quickly before it cooks.
- Flip over when the pancake begins to bubble and is golden brown underneath.
- Cook until it has risen and is golden.
- Serve stacked, with a drizzle of maple syrup.
More from Sorted Food
More on pancake toppings and fillings.