The Best Baking Sheets That Will Make a Serious Improvement to Your Baked Goods
There’s nothing worse than following a familiar recipe to a T, only to get lackluster results. Finding a great baking sheet can make a world of difference in your end results, creating confections that slide right off the sheet, and bake your creations to that perfectly baked golden brown that dreams are made of.
But not all baking sheets are created equally, which can seriously impact the results of your hard work in the kitchen. We found the very best baking sheets that are durable, easy to clean, and work for not only baking cookies, but also for sheet-pan chicken and vegetables, too. All of our top picks also ensure even heat distribution, which is key for baking.
Best Baking Sheets
- Best Overall: NordicWare Natural Aluminum Commercial Sheet
- Best Ceramic Sheet: Faberware Ceramic Nonstick Baking Sheet
- Best Budget: Goodcook Nonstick Bakeware Sheet
- Fun Design: Great Jones Holy Sheet Pan
- Best for Savory Recipes: Rachael Ray Nonstick Bakeware with Grips
- Best for Cookies: Wilton Ever-Glide Non-stick Cookie Pan Set
- Best Rimless: Vollrath Wear-Ever Cookie Sheet Pan
- Best for Delicate Cookies: AirBake Cookie Sheet Set
- Best With Wire Rack: Checkered Chef Baking Set With Wire Rack
- Best Set: SKITCHN Bakeware Set
- Best Deep-Set Sheet: Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Set
What to Consider
A baking sheet is just a baking sheet until your cookies are a bust. Plus, depending on whether you’ll be baking up multiple batches of chocolate chip cookies, delicate meringues or big platters of ribs, your baking sheet needs are going to be very different. Keep all of the factors below in mind when shopping for the best baking sheet for your needs to ensure flawless baking in your oven.
- Rim: The rim of the baking sheet completely changes what kind of food you can make. A deep-set sheet will enable you to make roasts and cakes; the deep frame hems in sauces, gravies and sheet cakes, and the structure provides an ideal setting for roasting. Meanwhile, a delicately rimmed or rimless sheet is better for baking because it allows for superior airflow.
- Material: Most baking sheets are made of either aluminum, steel, alloy steel. All have their pros and cons, and we made notes of the materials, and best uses.
- Dishwasher-friendly: Some baking sheets require hand-washing, while others are dishwasher-friendly. And like so many other kitchen products, although some manufacturers say their products are dishwasher-friendly, reviewers say otherwise (which we’ve made note of below).
How We Chose
We reviewed hundreds of popular baking sheets, considering all of their uses. We also consulted expert reviews, technical assessments and consumer reviews to find the very best baking sheets for your kitchen. We picked the best of the most highly rated options, with a range of budgets in mind.
These baking sheets do it all and are sure to stand the test of time, making them well worth the investment for your kitchen (and your taste buds!)
We found the best cookie sheets that will change the way you bake.