Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Try this cute and modern take on the classic pumpkin pie! Check out how to make pumpkin pie cupcakes in this episode of Best Bites!
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Whipped cream
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 packaging of graham crackers
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsps of butter
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make crust:
- Break the crackers while still in the packaging, pulse it in a food processor till the crumbs are fine. Add sugar, pulse. Add butter, pulse.
To make cupcakes:
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk until well combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
- Put 1 heaping tablespoon of crust into each muffin top, press down. Fill each muffin cup with approximately ⅓ cup of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon on top and before serving.
See which other desserts we love below:
- This article was initially published on AOL.com: Best Bites: Traditional Thanksgiving pumpkin pie cupcakes