The Best Jogging Strollers That Won't Slow You Down
If you enjoy an active lifestyle and want to run or jog with your baby, you'll need a good jogging stroller. Most jogging strollers are designed with one large wheel in front and two in the back, plus a suspension system that helps glide the stroller over rough terrains. The front wheel will usually lock in place during jogging mode and can swivel for better maneuverability when you're walking.
The Good Housekeeping Institute knows a thing or two about kid and baby products: Our analysts regularly test everything from car seats to popular toys to the best baby strollers, lightweight strollers, and double strollers on the market. When it comes to strollers, our Lab experts will consider factors like maneuverability, stability, ease of use, and storage space to make expert product recommendations. This round-up of the best jogging strollers you can buy is based on Lab-tested picks, top-performing brands, category expertise, and real-life consumer feedback. Our top picks for jogging strollers are:
- Best Overall Jogging Stroller: Bob Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Stroller
- Best Value Jogging Stroller: Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
- Best Jogging Stroller Travel System: Graco FastAction Jogging Stroller
- Best Jogging Stroller for Runners: Thule Urban Glide 2
- Best Jogging Double Stroller: Thule Chariot Cross 2 Multi-Sport Double
- Best Jogging Stroller for Toddlers: Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Stroller
- Best Lightweight Jogging Stroller: Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
What to consider when shopping for a jogging stroller
- Reclining seat: These are handy if your child falls asleep during walks.
- Extra large canopy: Make sure the canopy is large enough to block out the sun; otherwise, you may want to look into purchasing an extra canopy attachment.
- Peekaboo screen: A mesh screen atop the canopy is a great way to keep an eye on your kid while jogging.
- Wrist strap: This accessory is specific to jogging strollers and are usually provided, for added safety.
Important safety note: the Good Housekeeping Institute says that even if jogging strollers are listed as able to use from birth (i.e. with an infant car seat attached) — you should not use a stroller while jogging until you get clearance from your child’s pediatrician. Usually, it's recommended that you wait until well after six months or closer to a year old to take a child out jogging, so they have proper neck and head support. Once you get the clearance, here are a few factors to consider when shopping for a jogging stroller:
Here are the best jogging strollers on the market right now, according to parenting experts:
A must-have for for parents who love to run.