I love Arlo wireless home security cameras. In fact, I use Arlo cameras at my home. The features are great, the app is terrific, and they’re nice and reliable so I can always count on them. Even still, if I was starting over from scratch, I wouldn’t go with Arlo for two main reasons. First, Arlo cameras are insanely expensive. Second, the batteries only last 2-3 month per charge and it’s a pain in the butt. So, what would I get if I was starting from scratch? I’d probably get an All-new Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera System with 2-year battery life and low pricing that’s even lower right now because every XT2 bundle is on sale!
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
More from BGR
- Enjoy what's left of the summer with $100 off this crazy underwater scooter that lets you swim like a dolphin
- Don't spend $100 on a Wi-Fi router for your small or medium-sized apartment when this one is $19.99
- Transform any power outlet into a gigabit Ethernet port in seconds with this $43 device
- Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
- Free cloud storage – Keep hundreds of clips stored up to a year with no monthly fees or service contract required.
- Works with Alexa – View live streams, motion clips, or arm and disarm your system through select Alexa-enabled devices.
- Day and night coverage – Record and view in up to 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark.
- Use indoors/outdoors – Blink XT2 stands up to the elements. Place or mount it inside or outside for whole home security.
- Easy setup – No tools, wiring, or professional installation required.
BGR Top Deals:
- Whoa… Amazon’s $25 Alexa smart plug is down to $5, and you’re nuts if you don’t get one
- Hurry and you can pick up a Bose sound bar for only $140
Trending Right Now:
- Netflix exec quietly confirms release timing for the epic show that could be the next ‘Game of Thrones’
- This is your last chance to get Disney+ for under $4 a month – here’s how
- ‘Hitman’ and ‘Tekken’ highlight Xbox Games with Gold for September