William Shatner, who played Captain James T. Kirk in the "Star Trek" television series and movies, launched into space with three other crew members aboard Blue Origin’s New Shepard 4 spacecraft. At 90 years old, Shatner became the oldest person to travel to space.
- 5, 4-- [INAUDIBLE] start-- 2, 1.
- Shepard has cleared the tower. She is on her space with the second human space flight crew.
- And there you can see the capsule from the top of the booster. They are continuing their ascent over the Kármán line. You'll know when they hit apogee when the speed hits 0.
And there they, are over 328,000 feet, over 100 kilometers. Welcome to space the newest astronauts on board our crew capsule. First reef and then fully inflate. And there go the drogue parachutes. And here come the mains. Oh, what a flight. [LAUGHS]
- Stand by touchdown. Stand by touchdown.
- And the capsule touched down. Welcome back the newest astronauts, Audrey Powers, William Shatner-- our customers, Glenn de Vries, and Chris Boshuizen. What a day for you. Welcome back. I cannot wait to talk to them, Jackie, and just get what they experienced up there this morning-- what a clean and beautiful flight from the rocket for our astronauts. There's Audrey Powers. A big hug from her sister. Captain Kirk himself, the great William Shatner.