Liam has to make a decision to protect his life at all cost.
- Liam, I'm begging you. You've got to stop panicking. You've got to get yourself and your emotions under control.
- Yeah? How am I supposed to do that? I mean, who even am I anymore? Look at my life. I mean, first I cheat on my wife with my ex and now I'm a murderer. I don't even recognize myself. So you tell me, who am I?
- I'll tell you exactly who you are. You are William Spencer III, son of Bill Spencer Jr. Dollar freaking bill. You are a loving husband and a devoted father. What you are not is a murderer. You did nothing wrong.
- Yeah, except flee the scene of an accident.
- You didn't flee the scene. I did. You were passed out. I made the decision to leave Vinny. Vinny was dead. I made the decision to get rid of his wallet and his cell phone. Now what's done is done.
But Liam, the world continues to turn. We have to get back in it. I have to get back to the office, and so do you. But you have to be able to act normally, like nothing out of the ordinary has happened.
- You think, you think that's easy? How do I face Hope. How do I face Beth and Kelly? What if the police come and haul me away and I never get to see them again?
- That's not going to happen. Do you think I'm going to let a son of mine rot in a prison cell, locked away from the people he loves and cares about? Hell no. All I need, all I need is for you to do your part. Just stop feeling guilty.
- I am guilty.
- No you're not. That S.O.B. stepped out in front of the car. I mean, what kind of idiot walks around the middle of a dark street at night. Vinny, Vinny, he is a lowlife, drug dealing criminal, a bad guy. You are a good guy.
- No I'm not.
- Yes you are.
- No I'm not.
- Liam, you have a life. You have a family. You need to protect those things at all costs. You've got to stop with this, these negative vibes that are oozing out of you. People are going to pick up on it. They're going to know that something's wrong, and you can't let that happen.
You've got to protect your life as you know it at all costs. And that means putting what happened with Vinny out of your mind, permanently. Not for a day, a month, a year. Forever, Liam. Forever.