A bomb threat made against N.C. State University late Monday night was found not credible, the university says.
A campus security alert had previously said a threat was received around 11:15 p.m. and targeted an unidentified university data center.
University Police were notified Tuesday morning, and the alert was sent at 9:33 a.m.
Mick Kulikowski, a university spokesperson, said police have determined the threat was not credible and there is no ongoing danger to the campus.
Police are still investigating the source of the threat and asked those with information to call 919-515-3000.
The Technician, a student newspaper at N.C. State, reported University Police had previously closed a section of Hillsborough Street, from Pogue Street to Gardner Street.
It’s at least the second false threat in recent months, after a campus residence hall was evacuated in August while police investigated a bomb threat that “appear[ed] to be a hoax,” The News & Observer previously reported.