- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Police say a man was shot and killed inside a home just after 3 a.m. Saturday. WBZ-TV's Paul Burton reports.
- An investigation is underway tonight in Charlestown, scene of a fatal shooting early this morning on Mistick Place. We're told the shooting happened inside a home there just after 3:00 this morning. Here's WBZ's Paul Burton.
- It's horrible.
- Shocked, completely surprised.
PAUL BURTON: Shots rang out in the early morning hours of Charlestown. Police say a man was killed after being shot inside 6 Mistick Place, Aubrey Wright heard a lot of screaming and called 911. I just heard some shouting. I heard a man saying go, go, go, go, go. And then I heard a woman's voice saying I'm scared. I'm scared.
PAUL BURTON: Police say when they arrived, they found the man suffering from a gunshot wound. He later died at the scene.
- It's not a warm feeling. It's a bit concerning. The communication that all the neighbors had-- we kind of were aware of what was going on. Making sure everybody else was safe right away.
PAUL BURTON: On Saturday afternoon police still had the road blocked off. Residents described the neighborhood as family friendly.
- This I wouldn't expect now. And it's really shocking. It's kind of heart breaking.
AUBREY WRIGHT: Freak incident. Apparently that house is frequently rented, but I have never heard any sort of disturbance from that house. I've never seen anybody going in and out of it. To me, it seems like it's unoccupied most of the time.
- Everybody has kids around here. We. Want to be in a safe neighborhood I'm hoping this is, you know, a one time thing.
PAUL BURTON: The shooting remains under investigation. Police are asking for neighbors to come forward with any type of information. The incident remains under investigation. In Charlestown, I'm Paul Burton, WBZ News.