Bobby Metelus/Getty Images for Giving Back Fund
- "Breaking Bad" actors Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston revealed that they'll be donating 30% of profits from Dos Hombres, their mezcal brand, to the US Bartenders Guild.
- Their donation was inspired by Aviation Gin, a company that Ryan Reynolds co-owns, which will also be donating money to bartenders who are not working amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
On Tuesday, the two actors revealed that they'll be donating a portion of profits from their own mezcal line, called Dos Hombres (launched in 2019), to bartenders who are out-of-work amid the coronavirus pandemic.
"Now through May 1, 30% of all proceeds from online orders will benefit the US Bartenders Guild," Paul and Cranston wrote on Instagram.
They added: "We encourage all other brands to do so as well. Whatever your choice of drink, let's all raise a glass to our commitment to #flattenthecurve. Please drink responsibly with none of your closest friends ... for now."
The US Bartenders Guild is currently helping bartenders, bar backs, and bar servers receive philanthropic grants through its Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. The guild also has information for other resources that can help anyone out of work and ways to volunteer.
By including the hashtag "flattenthecurve," the actors were referring to steps taken to decrease the spread of the novel coronavirus. This includes practices like social distancing to minimize interactions with others, including going to bars and restaurants. That means many of those bartenders and servers are currently out of work indefinitely.
On Wednesday, Reynolds revealed on social media that "Until May 1st, for every bottle of Aviation ordered online, we'll donate 30% of proceeds as a tip to your bartenders."
"In fairness, I wouldn't be the father I am today without bartenders," Reynolds added on Twitter.
—Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) March 25, 2020
- Read more:
- 23 celebrities who have donated money amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Ryan Reynolds takes a dig at celebrities in a funny video about staying home and washing your hands
- Chrissy Teigen resorts to bartering banana bread for lettuce in the age of the coronavirus: 'The trade will be made 6 feet apart'
Read the original article on Insider