'Bridgerton' Star Regé-Jean Page Just Shared Devastating Season 3 News on Instagram

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2 min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Photo credit: Netflix
Photo credit: Netflix

Members of the Ton, there are rumors swirling around that have come to our attention and we need to convene. Earlier this spring, Bridgerton season 2 debuted on Netflix and fans fell in love with the dynamic couple that is Viscount Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey) and Kate Sharma (Simone Ashley). Although #Kanthony was absolutely adored, viewers couldn't help but be disappointed over the disappearance of Simon Basset, portrayed by Regé-Jean Page in season 1.

Despite him exiting the hit period drama in April 2021, fans are now desperate to know if the Duke of Hastings will enlighten the Ton with his presence come Bridgerton season 3. Though the British actor recently shared if he will be returning to the cast of Bridgerton for the new season, it wasn't what we were hoping to hear ...

On June 18, The Sun reported that Regé was in talks with the show regarding a comeback. Apparently, the actor caught wind of these rumors and decided to clear the air via Instagram on June 21.

Photo credit: Getty Images
Photo credit: Getty Images

Regé surprised his followers when he reunited with none other than fellow Bridgerton star Jonathan Bailey during Milan Fashion Week. As the two looked dapper in their respective ensembles, the Gray Man actor decided to give a little background into his time in Italy.

"The boys are back in town. ❤️," he wrote. Although folks quickly got excited about the possibility of seeing the two onscreen once more (after all, they are currently hanging out in public), Regé quickly shut down the rumor that Simon would be coming back for Bridgerton season 3.

"(No, I’m not going back to the show btw - the papers made that one up)," Regé added. "But we had the best, and most stylish, catch up I’ve had in a while over some truly excellent Italian coffee and sunshine ☕️."

Unsurprisingly, after hearing this important Bridgerton news from Regé himself, many viewers were disappointed to learn his return wasn't a real possibility. "You just broke my heart with that news @regejean," one person wrote in the comments section. "😢 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO BACK TO BRIDGERTON! We miss you!" another added. "Waaaaait what 😭😭 he's not coming back 😭," a different fan said.

On the other hand, tons of fans appreciated the actor taking the time to set the record straight. "Thanks @regejean for putting those rumors to rest ❤️❤️ 👍🏼❤️ So looking forward to seeing you this Summer ☀️ and other future projects 😊 🙌🏽🙌🏽❤️😘💫💫💫💫💫," a follower commented. "Going to forever miss you on the show!! wishing you luck our forever duke of hastings 💗💗💗💗💗," someone else said.

Although we're a bit dejected over Regé not returning to Bridgerton, at least we know we're getting Jonny for a little while longer! If you're curious about where the other Bridgertons' story is going, take a look here:

You Might Also Like