It’s still early in the season, but after losing three straight games and looking like a team that’s going nowhere, the Denver Broncos are currently on pace for at least a top-15 pick in the 2022 NFL draft.
Following the first three weeks of the season, here’s a look at the current projected order for next year’s draft, courtesy of Tankathon.com.
1. Detroit Lions (0-6)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (via Miami Dolphins, 1-5)
4. Houston Texans (1-5)
5. New York Giants (1-5)
6. New York Jets (1-4)
7. New England Patriots (2-4)
8. Philadelphia Eagles (2-4)
9. Philadelphia Eagles (via Indianapolis Colts, 2-4)
10. New York Jets (via Seattle Seahawks, 2-4)
11. Washington Football Team (2-4)
12. Atlanta Falcons (2-3)
13. Miami Dolphins (via San Francisco 49ers, 2-3)
14. Denver Broncos (3-3)
15. Carolina Panthers (3-3)
Despite looking terrible the past three weeks, the Broncos still seem unlikely to crack the top five-to-six spots in the draft order. They’ve been bad, but not quite that bad. Denver could potentially finish the year with a top-10 pick, though.
It’s depressing to already start talking about the draft order in October, but based on the Broncos’ play, the conversation seems warranted.