Carbon dioxide leak kills worker at Samsung factory

Carbon dioxide leak kills worker at Samsung factory

A worker died at a Samsung factory in Seoul after carbon dioxide was mistakenly released, according to Korean news agency Yonhap News. The factory’s fire extinguishing system accidentally released carbon dioxide after it malfunctioned when it detected a fire, killing the 52-year-old worker. As Engadget notes, this is not the first factory accident has had: In the past couple years, Samsung has suffered from a series of factory incidents. In January 2013, 10 liters of hydroflouric acid leaked from one of main chip plants in Hwaseong, killing one worker and injuring four others. Samsung received a $1,000 fine and a warning after this incident. Four months later, another hydroflouric acid leak at the same factory injured three workers. Samsung has acknowledged this latest incident on its website and said it would work on ways to prevent future accidents like this one.

More from BGR: HTC One (M8) review: The smartphone that changes everything… again

This article was originally published on BGR.com

Related stories

Try one of the hottest Android phones of the year right now with the Galaxy S5 Experience app

These are the thinnest and lightest tablets in the world

Video: Behold Samsung's 'stories of design'

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting