RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: FILE FOOTAGE OF TIMO WERNER, FILE FOOTAGE OF CHELSEA'S STAMFORD BRIDGE AND MANAGER, FRANK LAMPARD
LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FEBRUARY 18, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. RB LEIPZIG FORWARD, TIMO WERNER, ON PITCH AT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM AHEAD OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCH
2. RB LEIPZIG PLAYERS ON PITCH
3. WERNER WALKING ON PITCH WITH TEAM MATES
4. TRAINING SESSION IN PROGRESS
5. WERNER SHARING A JOKE WITH TEAM MATES
6. WERNER PASSING BALL WITH TEAM MATES
7. VARIOUS OF WERNER AND TEAM MATES JOGGING
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (FILE - MARCH 23, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
8. WERNER KICKING BALL DURING GERMANY TRAINING SESSION
9. WERNER AT TRAINING SESSION
10. WERNER TAKING PART IN PRACTICE GAME
LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - MARCH 18, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
11. VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF STAMFORD BRIDGE, CHELSEA'S STADIUM
12. SIGN, READING: "STAMFORD BRIDGE SW16 HOME OF CHELSEA FC"
LONDON, ENGLAND UNITED KINGDOM (FILE) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
13. VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF STAMFORD BRIDGE
14. CHELSEA BADGE
15. EXTERIOR OF STAMFORD BRIDGE
STOKE D'ABERNON, NEAR LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - FEBRUARY 24, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
16. CHELSEA MANAGER FRANK LAMPARD WALKING ONTO TRAINING PITCH AS HE PUTS ON HIS GLOVES
STOKE D'ABERNON, NEAR LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - NOVEMBER 4, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
17. LAMPARD KICKING BALL
18. TRAINING IN PROGRESS AS LAMPARD WATCHES ON
STORY: Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle to sign Germany striker Timo Werner from Bundesliga club RB Leipzig, Sky Sports said on Thursday (June 4).
The report added that Werner has a 55 million euro ($62.45 million) release clause which expires on June 15 and that Premier League club Chelsea had offered the 24-year-old a contract worth 200,000 pounds per week.
Werner is second-top scorer in the Bundesliga this season with 25 goals, four behind Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski. He has made 29 appearances for Germany, scoring 11 times.
($1 = 0.8807 euros)
(Production: Tim Hart)