Muslims in west suburban Aurora held a massive outdoor prayer service to celebrate Eid, marking the end of the fasting of Ramadan.
- Hundreds of families gathered here to mark the end of Ramadan. Many people prayed for peace in the Middle East.
- A massive outdoor prayer service to celebrate Eid, marking the end of the fasting of Ramadan. The service is especially meaningful at a time when violence continues to escalate overseas.
- In Gaza at least 83 people are dead, including 17 children. Hundreds are injured as airstrikes continue on this holy day.
- People here in Aurora prayed for their brothers and sisters in the Middle East.
- We have to still be concerned about what's going on, and pray for the people that are there. Pray for peace. So it's important, as we have our celebration, to understand that there are other people that are celebrating in different ways. And their celebrating is being affected by what's going on.
- In Israel, seven people have died so far, including a young boy, and 150 people have been injured. A Warning this morning for people to stay home because of heightened attacks there. Officials tell us Egyptian delegation is negotiating a cease fire in the escalating Gaza conflict.
- What we're seeing, the violence we're seeing in the Middle East right now, is very upsetting. It's disconcerting. And it was totally avoidable. Unfortunately the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists sought to exploit some tension in Jerusalem, and have unleashed over 2000 missiles, fired indiscriminately against Israeli civilian targets.
- Hamas militants fired hundreds of rockets into Israel. The Israelis launched repeated airstrikes against targets in the Gaza Strip. It's a reminder to Muslims here at home to pray for peace.
- We are requesting all of the other congregants to make this application for the Muslims around the world. Because there are those who have lost their loved ones, and they are there struggling.
- Some are calling this the worst attack in the region in years. Since Monday more than a thousand rockets have been fired by both sides.