SAN FRANCISCO, May 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global chitosan market size is projected to reach USD 28.93 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a revenue-based CAGR of 24.7% during the forecast period. Increasing consumption of bio-derived products in water treatment, cosmetics, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries is likely to derive the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, chitosan is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 24.7% from 2020 to 2027, since they are used in large quantities in the production of antiseptics, food items, cosmeticts, medicines, textiles, and other consumer products
- The U.S. chitosan market is anticipated to exceed 36.98 kilo tons by 2025, owing to the abundant availability of raw material, which has further flourished the industrialization in the country
- Some of the key market participants are Panvo Organics Pvt. Ltd.; Qingdao Yunzhou Biochemistry Co.; Meron Biopolymers; Advanced Biopolymers AS; Biophrame Technologies; Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH; United Chitotechnologies Inc.; Foodchem International Corporation; KitoZyme S.A.; and Chitosanlab
Read 102 page research report with ToC on "Chitosan Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Pharmaceutical & Biomedical, Water Treatment, Cosmetics, Food & Beverage), By Region (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-chitosan-market
Chitosan is marketed under various grades, such as industrial, pharmaceutical, and food depending upon the purity of the product. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as diluents for tablets, a binder in wet granulations, dis-integrant, drug carrier, and absorption enhancer. In addition, chitosan and its derivatives can easily penetrate the plasmatic membrane of microorganisms and kill bacteria, fungi, and other parasites. Hence, is used for treating infections in orthopedic, neurological, gynecological, and cardiovascular surgical procedures.
North America is expected to emerge as one of the major markets for chitosan during the forecasted period, registering a CAGR of 19.2% in terms of volume, between 2020 to 2027. The region has experienced a growing demand for chitosan products owing to increasing biobased industries. Manufacturers are heavily investing in R&D activities to develop the pure grade of chitosan. However, high production cost owing to the irregular supply of the raw material is anticipated to hamper market growth over the forecast period.
The market is highly fragmented in nature owing to the presence of a large number of small-scale players, especially in countries including Japan, China, Thailand, and South Korea. These countries have favorable government regulations to promote growth of their fishery industry. Hence, several companies such as Qingdao Yunzhou Biochemistry Co., Kyowa Technos Co., Ltd., Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg. Co. Ltd., and KIMICA Corporation have manufacturing as well as distribution channels present in the region.
Grand View Research has segmented the global chitosan market on the basis of application and region:
- Chitosan Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Chitosan Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
Find more research reports on Renewable Chemicals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Mint Essential Oils Market – Noteworthy growth of end-use industries, such as aromatherapy, personal care and cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and food and beverage are expected to propel the product demand in the forthcoming years.
- Hydrocolloids Market – Growing demand for thickeners and gelling agents from pharmaceutical, personal care and cosmetics, and food and beverages industries, in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific is driving the growth.
- Fatty Amines Market – The derivatives and products are used to manufacture cleaning, emulsifying, scouring and wetting agents for numerous products including personal care, homecare, and lubricants; accelerating the product demand.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.