Vice President Mike Pence isn’t letting an apparent COVID outbreak among members of his staff stop him from campaigning around the country.
A White House official confirmed Sunday that the veep hasn’t changed his plans since several of his staffers reportedly tested positive for the dreaded virus.
The move drew muted criticism from former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who tested positive himself after working last month on debate prep with President Trump.
“When I found out that I got COVID that Friday morning, I immediately quarantined myself, and ultimately wound up in the hospital,” Christie said on ABC’s "This Week.' “But you got to keep yourself away from everybody and I’m a little bit surprised.”
He said the Trump White House’s disdain of wearing masks in spite of warning from health officials “has been a problem.”
At least five Pence staffers have tested positive for COVID, according to reports.
His office is concerned more will test positive in the coming days, an anonymous source told CNN on Sunday.
“They’re scared,” that person said of the veep’s staff.
Still, Trump campaign adviser Corey Lewandowski defended Pence’s decision.
“I’m sure he’ll do what’s necessary and what’s appropriate,” he said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
©2020 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.