The host of MSNBC’s “All In” pointed out that Trump had essentially campaigned on the idea that the United States was a “hellhole” and later promised to “stop the American carnage” during his 2017 inauguration address.
Hayes acknowledged that the United States had its fair share of problems before Trump became president. But Trump, he argued, has only made things worse, especially during the coronavirus pandemic.
“There is no plan from the president, who warned against American carnage, with the carnage and chaos we are living through now,” Hayes said.
“Not the pandemic. Not the economic crisis. Not the societal inequities. Not predatory policing. Not the protests in Minnesota,” he continued. “Nothing except to make it all worse, to sell chaos and discord and bigotry and hope the smaller part of the country that follows him is enough to win an election again.”
“This is what Donald Trump’s America has wrought,” he said.
Check out Hayes’ monologue above.
.@chrislhayes: “There is no plan from the President...Not the pandemic. Not the economic crisis. Not the societal inequities. Not predatory policing. Not the protests in Minnesota. Nothing except to make it all worse...This is what Donald Trump’s America has wrought." pic.twitter.com/WAzOgTZ7Ne— All In with Chris Hayes (@allinwithchris) May 29, 2020
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Also on HuffPost
This article originally appeared on HuffPost.