Chrissy Teigen’s ‘Cravings’ cookware line no longer available on Target’s website

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·3 min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

It seems Chrissy Teigen is stepping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

As of Friday, the former Sports Illustrated model’s line of cookware, “Cravings by Chrissy Teigen,” has been scrubbed from Target’s website. And while the disappearance of her products occurred amid recent accusations of cyberbullying, the retail giant has maintained it has nothing to do with the social media scandal.

“We made the mutual decision in December to no longer carry the cookware line, given our continued focus on brands we develop and that can only be found at Target,” a spokesperson told Fox Business.

Teigen’s cookbooks are still available for purchase at Target while her cookware remains for sale on her own site and through other stores.

A source close to the situation told TMZ on Thursday that the 35-year-old mother launched her line exclusively with Target in 2018 but has since opted to end that exclusivity agreement. The source emphasized the business move was in the works well before Courtney Stodden accused the cookbook author of previously bullying them on social media.

Stodden, in a recent interview with the Daily Beast, said that Teigen in 2011 and 2012 made a habit of tweeting insults at them, like “my Friday fantasy: you. Dirt nap” and “go. To sleep. forever.”

Teigen also reportedly sent Stodden equally cruel direct messages, similarly encouraging them to to kill themselves.

“Things like, ‘I can’t wait for you to die,’” Stodden recalled.

The Daily Beast interview, published earlier this week, prompted a lengthy online apology from Teigen, who wrote she was “mortified and sad at who I used to be.”

“I was an insecure, attention seeking troll,” she continued. “I am ashamed and completely embarrassed at my behavior but that...is nothing compared to how I made Courtney feel.”

Teigen concluded: “I’m so sorry, Courtney. I hope you can heal now knowing how deeply sorry I am.”

Since the mea culpa, however, social media sleuths have uncovered more controversial posts previously penned by the “Lip Sync Battle” host.

During the 2013 Oscars, Teigen seemingly took aim at then 9-year-old Quvenzhane Wallis, who was nominated for her role in “Beasts of the Southern Wild” and a winner of a best dressed award, according to Newsweek.

“Is it okay to call a small child cocky?” she allegedly tweeted, before adding: “I am forced to like Quvenzhane Wallis because she’s a child right? Okay fine.”

Later the same year, Teigen hit out at “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham in tweets that have also since been deleted.

“farrah abraham now thinks she is pregnant from her sex tape. in other news you’re a w—e and everyone hates you whoops not other news sorry,” she wrote.

Teigen has not yet commented outside of her initial apology, which Stodden has since called into question.

Stodden claimed Thursday on Instagram that Teigen “never” reached out to them privately to apologize for the abusive tweets and direct messages that she sent in 2011.

“I accept her apology and forgive her. But the truth remains the same, I have never heard from her or her camp in private,” wrote Stodden, noting she had been blocked from viewing Tiegen’s Twitter missive.

“All of me wants to believe this is a sincere apology, but it feels like a public attempt to save her partnerships with Target and other brands who are realizing her ‘wokeness’ is a broken record.”

———

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting