Miss a day, miss a lot. Let's catch up on the week:
8 Arrested, 3 Officers Injured After Day of Unrest In Oak Lawn
Oak Lawn's 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew remained in effect through Wednesday. A 20-year-old Oak Lawn man is among the eight arrested.
Beauty Supply Employee Fires Gun At Fleeing Shoplifters: Police
The three women were filling baskets with human hair and other items at an Oak Lawn beauty supply store, police said.
Attack By 4 Dogs Kills Woman, 70, In Country Club Hills
A 70-year-old woman died Wednesday after police said she was attacked by her four dogs. Police shot and killed one of the dogs.
Secretary Of State Facility In Orland Park To Close Permanently
The State of Illinois has made the decision to close the express facility at village hall.
Drivers Facility In Chicago Heights Closed For At Least A Month After Fire
The Illinois Secretary of State building sustained significant smoke damage and some building damage during the Sunday night fire.
ALSO: 'No Need To Rush' Into Midlothian Secretary Of State Facility
Child Dies In Park Forest House Fire: Report
A young boy was the fatal victim of a house fire near Sangamon Street and Shabbona Drive early Friday morning, according to a report.
Shots Fired On 175th Street In Tinley Park, Cops Look For SUV
Three shell casings were found after witnesses said an SUV fled east on 175th, according to officials.
Cops Catch Amazon Delivery Robbers After High Speed Chase, Crash
State Police captured robbers, recover weapons from Amazon Delivery Truck stolen in Park Forest after high speed chase ends in Pullman.
Community Coronavirus Testing Site Moves To South Holland
Vehicle emission testing will resume at the site near 159th and Pulaski as coronavirus testing moves to South Suburban College.
Bridgeview Nursing Home Slapped With Coronavirus Death Lawsuit
Family of 81-year-old man who died of COVID-19 sues Bridgeview Health Care Center over claims of gross negligence.
800 Gather For Protest In New Lenox: Photos, Videos
Demonstrators gathered at New Lenox Commons Thursday.
Protestors 'Say Their Names' At Peaceful Black Lives Matter March
200 protestors participate in peaceful Black Lives Matter march in Oak Lawn. Photos and video.
George Floyd Protest Held In Chicago Heights: Photos
A few hundred people marched along U.S. 30 in Chicago Heights on Thursday.
Protest On Oak Park Avenue In Tinley Park Draws About 150
A number of people were along Oak Park Avenue in downtown Tinley Park to protest the death of George Floyd.
Hundreds March In Peaceful George Floyd Protest In Evergreen Park
“Prayers and thoughts are great, but they don’t make the change. We make the change,” student protestor says at Black Lives Matter event.
Peaceful George Floyd Protest Held At 103rd And Western
Groups of people held a peaceful protest at all four corners of the busy Beverly neighborhood intersection Saturday night.
'Be Anti-Racist: A Youth Rally' Planned In Frankfort
Organizers said the event will provide a platform for young people to say what they need to say to the community and the world.
WOW! HOUSES OF THE WEEK
Back Patio Overlooks Vast Yard On 94th Avenue
A spa tub is just one of the highlights of this "charming" home on a country-like setting.
New Hardwood Floors In 110-Year Old Home On Longwood Drive
A lush landscaped yard with mature trees can be found behind this home going for less than $400,000 at 99th and Longwood in Beverly.
$1.25 Million Home With Library, Screened Porch And Pool
This 5,100-square-foot Lemont home was built in 2008.
- Broken Window, Cash Register Stolen In Homewood Looting Incidents
- Windows Broken Out Of Two Businesses, One Charged: Sheriff
- High-Speed Chase Turns Deadly When Chicago Police Car Hits SUV
- Leaving The Scene, License Suspended: New Lenox Police Reports
- Man Charged In Report Of Duo Found In Cop's Backyard With Gas Can
- Windows Shattered, Businesses Vandalized In 19th Ward: O'Shea
- Loaded Gun Found On Oak Forest Man During Protest: Affidavit
- Fire, Broken Glass Among Looting Reports In Chicago Heights
- 7 Suspects Caught On Video Breaking Into Cell Phone Store: Cops
- Lawn Mower Looters Nabbed In Alsip: Police
- Door Broken At Lemont Jeweler, Nothing Stolen: Cops
- Gun Found In Car During Stop Near 103rd And Wood: Police
WORTH A LOOK
- Drive-By Parade Held For Teacher's Retirement After 38 Years
- 25 Local Businesses Join Together In Super Mega Raffle
- NAWS Adoptable Pet Of The Week: Noel
- Dad Works 2 Jobs, Keeps Jewel Shelves Stocked: Orland Park Hero
- Tinley Park Farmers Market Returns With New Rules In Place
- Mask-Making Sisters Raise Money For Charities
- Lincoln-Way East Senior Awarded National Merit Scholarship
- Nearly $60,000 Raised For Family Of Late CPD Detective
- Palos Heights Cancels Summer Events Through End of July
- Rail Repairs To Close Lincoln Highway Crossing For A Week
- 'Long Run' Virtual Marathon Planned In Frankfort
- 'Frog On A Log' Photo Wins Monthly Forest Preserve Contest
- 2020 Papa Hops Softball Tournament Canceled Due To Coronavirus
- Marian Catholic Holds Virtual Graduation: Watch The Video
- Firefighter's Bagpipe Performances Honor Coronavirus Fighters
FIND A JOB
ALSO ON PATCH
- Learn how to create a Patch user account
- Like us on Facebook: Beverly-Mt. Greenwood • Mokena • Chicago Heights • Manhattan • Homer Glen-Lockport • Evergreen Park • Oak Lawn • Orland Park • Tinley Park • Oak Forest • Palos • New Lenox • Homewood-Flossmoor • Alsip-Crestwood • Frankfort • Lemont