Claymont Board of Education
KEY ACTION Approved building designations necessary because of the district realignment at the end of the school year.
DISCUSSION: Because of moves, the Claymont Elementary on Eastport Ave. will become the Primary Building and will house the preschool and kindergarten. The building on Trenton Ave. will become the Elementary building and will house first- and second-grade classes.
Shay Young will be the principal and co-PS director at the Primary Building, while Richard Page will be the principal at the Elementary Building.
• Accepted the resignation of Travis Poland as head wrestling coach.
• Hired Kyle Warner as the new head wrestling coach.
• Hired Kollin Clark as a third grade teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
• Non-renewed the contracts of the winter athletic supplemental contracts.
• Approved Harris Ong as the boys varsity golf coach and Jon McCluskey as head of the summer weightlifting program.
• Approved an overnight field trip for the Claymont FFA to the 94th Ohio FFA State Convention in Columbus from May 4-6.
• Approved a reduction in force list as a result of the realignment of buildings. Bid bump meetings are scheduled for May 23.
UP NEXT: The next regular meeting will be held May 9 at 6 p.m. at the Claymont Administrative Offic
This article originally appeared on The Times-Reporter: Claymont Board of Education meeting