May 20—The Cass County Community Foundation [CCCF] has a record $170,000 available for non-profits in this year's community grants.
The CCCF Board of Directors announced the amount Wednesday evening.
This is part of a long time trend for the organization.
"We have continued to enjoy substantial growth over the last decade, increasing our grant money from approximately $19,000 just 17 years ago to $170,000 this year," said CCCF President Deanna Crispen. "Our board has continued to work diligently to grow our funds so that every year we can offer more back to the community for important projects. This year's pool of $170,000 is a $20,000 increase over 2020."
The grants are given in the fall, and on May 19, the CCCF had a free grant-writing workshop to help non-profits learn how to effectively apply for the grants.
Projects the grants have helped in the past include:
* $25,000 in matching dollars in 2019 for the Cass County Family YMCA renovation.
* $50,000 in 2019 to Camelot Care Center for a new playground for disabled children.
* $16,140 in 2019 for completion of the marble "Immigration Sculpture" now in Heritage Park.
* $36,000 to Emmaus Mission Food Pantry in 2020 to install a walk-in commercial freezer to keep meat on hand for those who need food.
* $50,000 in 2019 and $35,000 in 2020 to the Cass County 4H Association for new restrooms and septic system.
* $61,135 to the Cass County Historical Society in 2020 for flooring for the ground level of the new museum building, 421 E. Broadway.
* $18,000 in 2020 to the Salvation Army of Cass County for a 20 foot by 30 foot pavilion, next to its activity field.
Guidelines and instructions for applying for the grants are available at the CCCF office, 729 E. Market St., downtown Logansport, or they can be downloaded from the Foundation website at www.casscountycf.org.
The deadline to submit a completed letter of intent materials is June 25.
For information about the application process, contact the CCCF office at 574-722-2200.
Reach James D. Wolf Jr. at email@example.com or 574-732-5117