Cooking fire causes about $10,000 in damage to Abilene house

A cooking fire Tuesday is blamed for causing about $10,000 in damage to a north-central Abilene house, the Abilene Fire Department said in a news release.

Fire crews dispatched about 1 p.m. to the 1100 block of Ash Street reported seeing smoke and flames venting from a kitchen window.

They extinguished the accidental blaze quickly, and one occupant was able to evacuate safely.

This article originally appeared on Abilene Reporter-News: Cooking fire causes about $10,000 in damage to Abilene house