CEDAR PARK, TX — In light of the need for physical distancing to mitigate the potential spread of new coronavirus, the Cedar Park City Council meeting will be a virtual version, officials announced.
The meeting on Thursday, March 26, is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
'The Cedar Park City Council is open to the public and we welcome you to watch the meeting, as always, through our live web streaming and television media channels," officials advised residents in a prepared statement.
Don't miss the latest coronavirus updates from health and government officials in the Austin area. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters for what you need to know daily
To that end — in consideration of recent federal, state and local orders regarding the growing prevalence of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and the Stay Home, Stay Safe and Stay Home, Work Safe Orders from Travis and Williamson counties — several changes have been made as to the gathering's format:
How to join the meeting
- The meeting will start at 7 p.m. (There are no items posted for the usual 6 p.m. Executive Session.)
- Council chambers are closed. This meeting will be entirely remote, with city council members participating in a video conference call.
- You can watch the live meeting online via https://www.cedarparktexas.gov/departments/community-affairs/cptv-10, a resource that has long been available.
- You can watch the live meeting television broadcast on Spectrum Channel 10.110 or on AT&T UVerse Channel 99, also a long-standing option.
If would like to speak during the meeting
- It is not possible for you to speak in-person, as this meeting will be entirely remote and city council chambers will be closed.
- If you choose to speak, you must first fill out a comment card using a web-based device such as a computer, iPad, tablet or smartphone using this link: speakerregistration.cedarparktexas.gov/
- Public comments (Items C.3, H.2, and comments specific to a particular agenda item)
- For the required legal record of the meeting you must include the Item letter/number on which you would like to comment, with your full name and residential address
- Then, you can join the meeting using this link:: https://councilmtg.cedarparktexas.gov/.