CALISTOGA, CA — A eighth case of coronavirus was confirmed Friday morning by Napa County Public Health. The patient is in the city of St. Helena and is in isolation, Napa County Deputy Executive Officer Molly Rattigan said in an email sent Friday morning.
"The patient has a known contact to a case in Southern California," Rattigan said. "Napa County Public Health is conducting its investigation."
Thursday afternoon, the county confirmed a Calistoga resident was its seventh case of COVID-19.
"Napa County Public Health Officials are conducting their investigation," Rattigan said. "The patient is a resident of the city of Calistoga, and is in isolation. Public Health staff is actively working to identify close contacts."
The city of Calistoga issued a statement confirming the resident was in isolation and was following Napa County public health protocols.
"County officials are investigating the case and tracing individuals who may have had direct contact with the patient," Calistoga city officials said. "We remind you that our highest priority is to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The community should assume that anyone, even those without symptoms, could have coronavirus and be unintentionally infecting others."
The city urged everyone to continue to shelter at home and practice social distancing of at least 6 feet to "help keep our community healthy and save each other's lives."
"We are in this together," the city of Calistoga said.
The County of Napa has established an information line about coronavirus. The number is 707-253-4540.
Napa County confirmed its first case of coronavirus Sunday. As of Thursday afternoon, there were four confirmed cases in the city of Napa, one in American Canyon, one in St. Helena and one in Calistoga.
As of Friday at 9:30 a.m., officials had confirmed the following number of cases in the greater Bay Area region:
- Alameda County: 178 cases, 4 deaths (135 cases, 2 deaths at last check Thursday)
- Contra Costa County: 131 cases, 1 death (108 cases, 1 death as of Thursday)
- Marin County: 65 cases (60 on Thursday)
- Monterey County: 27 cases, 1 death (24 cases, 1 death on Thursday)
- Napa County: 8 cases (6 on Thursday)
- San Francisco County: 279 cases, 3 deaths (223 cases, 2 deaths as of Thursday)
- San Mateo County: 239 cases, 5 deaths (195 cases, 5 deaths as of Thursday)
- Santa Clara County: 542 cases, 19 deaths (459 cases, 17 deaths as of Thursday)
- Santa Cruz County: 32 cases (25 on Thursday)
- Solano County: 34 cases (31 on Thursday)
- Sonoma County: 49 cases, 1 death (39 cases, 1 death on Thursday)
- Statewide: 3,006 cases, 65 deaths (2,535 cases, 53 deaths as of Thursday)
Bay City News Service contributed to this report.