Coroner identifies woman who died in house fire near Buffalo Saturday

A fire truck
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·1 min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

The woman whose body was found in a house fire near Buffalo early Saturday morning has been identified.

Sangamon County Coroner Jim Allmon said Monday preliminary autopsy findings suggest Elaine G. Miller, 73, died of carbon monoxide intoxication due to smoke inhalation.

Miller's body was found around 12:24 p.m. Saturday. A call into Sangamon County dispatch came in at 1:14 a.m. At the time, the fire had fully engulfed the.

See also: Illinois realtor says she was told to 'go back to your country' at Springfield Lowe's

Sangamon County Sheriff Jack Campbell confirmed that Miller lived at the residence.

Fire departments from six area municipalities responded to the fire. The State Fire Marshal and the Sangamon County Rescue Squad also responded.

The residence was near the intersection of Buffalo Hart Road and Cass Road, though it had a Buffalo address.

The fire remains under investigation.

Contact Steven Spearie: 217-622-1788, sspearie@sj-r.com, twitter.com/@StevenSpearie.

This article originally appeared on State Journal-Register: Woman who died in house fire near Buffalo, IL has been identified

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting