RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SHOT LIST AND SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: FORMULA ONE DRIVERS ALEXANDER ALBON AND PIERRE GASLY DRIVING ACROSS THE BOSPHORUS BRIDGE / SOUNDBITES FROM ALBON, GASLY AND SCUDERIA ALPHATAURI TEAM PRINCIPAL FRANZ TOST
ISTANBUL, TURKEY (NOVEMBER 11, 2020) (RED BULL CONTENT POOL - SEE RESTRICTIONS BEFORE USE)
1. VARIOUS OF SCUDERIA ALPHATAURI'S PIERRE GASLY AND ASTON MARTIN RED BULL RACING'S ALEXANDER ALBON CROSSING BOSPHORUS BRIDGE
2. GASLY DOING DONUTS
3. GASLY AND ALBON ON BRIDGE
4. (SOUNDBITE) (English) SCUDERIA ALPHATAURI RACING DRIVER PIERRE GASLY SAYING:
"It has been pretty amazing today, to drive an F1 car in Istanbul for the first time. Especially on the Bosphorus Bridge, crossing two continents, I think it has never been done before, so yeah, very happy to be part of it."
5. ALBON COMPLETING TYRE CHANGE
6. ALBON DRIVING THROUGH LEAVES
7. ALBON DRIVING THROUGH HISTORIC AREAS OF ISTANBUL
8. ALBON / GASLY DRIVING SIDE BY SIDE
9. ALBON DRIVING ON HIS OWN
10. ALBON IN TUNNEL
11. ALBON AND GASLY
13. (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASTON MARTIN RED BULL RACING DRIVER ALEXANDER ALBON SAYING:
"An iconic moment, the first time an F1 car has crossed over a continent and yeah, it is great to be here back in Istanbul with Formula 1."
14. WHITE FLASH
15. (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASTON MARTIN RED BULL RACING DRIVER ALEXANDER ALBON SAYING:
"My favourite location must have been the Bosphorus Bridge, I mean it is driving an F1 car on a bridge, which sounds pretty simple but it is a lot of fun."
16. VARIOUS OF THE DRIVERS PREPARING FOR EVENT
17. (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASTON MARTIN RED BULL RACING DRIVER ALEXANDER ALBON SAYING:
"This weekend is our 300th race. Of course the team has a lot of memories. My favourite memory would have been the first race for the team. Quite a unique situation but it was good to go through the field and the last move was pretty special."
18. (SOUNDBITE) (English) SCUDERIA ALPHATAURI TEAM PRINCIPAL FRANZ TOST SAYING:
"I expect a successful race. What does it mean. Both cars in qualifying three, and both cars should join points. Now we will see. The Istanbul race track is not an easy one. Both of our drivers are the first time here in Istanbul. That means in FP1 we have to give them a lot of time to learn the track. As I mentioned before, it is a difficult track very fast corners, and there is also slow corners. That means you have to find a good compromise from the set up. Fortunately we are luck with the weather. It is dry. because this is very, very important, especially on Friday that they can learn the track. And then I assume that our engineers will find a good set up and we will have a successful race."
20. VARIOUS OF GASLY AND ALBON
21. HAGIA SOPHIA (MUTE)
22. BOSPHORUS STRAITS (MUTE)
23. BOSPHORUS BRIDGE (MUTE)
24. ISTANBUL (MUTE)
STORY: With Formula One returning to Turkey for the first time in nearly a decade, Red Bull sponsored drivers Alexander Albon and Pierre Gasly crossed continents on Wednesday (November 11), driving on the Bosphorus Bridge between Europe to Asia.
Sitting on a continental divide and with thousands of years of history in its streets and buildings, Istanbul has always been one of the world's most iconic cities.
Aston Martin Red Bull Racing's Albon, and Scuderia AlphaTauri's Gasly, showcased the Bosphorus Bridge and its surrounding areas.
Istanbul hosts its first Grand Prix since 2011 this weekend, entering the calendar once more due to a number of other races this season being cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Of the current grid, Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonenn have all won at the Istanbul Park circuit, which first held a race in 2005.
(Production: Iain Axon)