Cuomo has denied the allegations by the women, most of whom are former aides. The most recent is an unnamed aide who told The Times-Union newspaper on Tuesday that Cuomo had groped her after calling her to the executive mansion last year under the pretext of business.
Reuters could neither independently verify the woman's identity, nor her account.
Cuomo denied the accusation, the Times-Union reported on Wednesday, saying "I have never done anything like this," and called the details "gut-wrenching." Representatives for Cuomo did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.
The governor issued a broad apology at a news conference last week for any behavior that made women feel uncomfortable but maintained that he has never touched anyone inappropriately.
The office of New York State Attorney General Letitia James is leading an independent investigation into the allegations. Cuomo has said he will not resign and has asked the public to await the results of that probe before making judgment.
BILL DE BLASIO: The latest report and the fact that we can talk about how many people are bringing through-- bringing forward accusations, that it's not one, it's not two, it's not three, it's not four, it's not five, it's six women who have come forward, it's deeply troubling.
The specific allegation that the governor called an employee of his, someone who he had power over, called them to a private place and then sexually assaulted her is absolutely unacceptable. It is disgusting to me. And he can no longer serve as governor. It's as simple as that.