A fundraiser was held at Core Cycle for sexual assault and domestic violence victims who are being treated at GBMC.
- Cycling for a good cause.
- Yes, participants cycled nearly 100 miles in a fundraiser for sexual assault and domestic violence victims. All of the proceeds went to GBMC's "Sexual Assault Forensic Examination and Domestic Violence" program. Two person teams combined to drive the 94 miles as a duo in just one indoor cycling class. Ninety-four represents the number of victims treated in the program 2020.
- And as each mile we ride we think of each of the children that's been impacted.
- If it was just a normal day trying to ride I don't know if I would have ever been able to get there, but in the back of my mind I had the thoughts of all of the victims. And it just empowered me to push through and make it all the way to the end.
- Now, the event was held at Core Cycle Studios in Lutherville-Timonium. The total amount raised will be added to GBMC's annual walk a mile in their shoes event, which happens later today.