The UFC president addressed recent remarks by the welterweight contender that the Black Lives Matter movement is ‘a complete sham’ and full of ‘complete terrorists’.
- Yesterday, during the Media Day, several athletes, Israel included, Hakeem Dawodu, Sijara Eubanks, they all brought up the fact that they were a little bit upset with Colby Covington, and some his latest remarks. I know last week you said, hey, I'm freedom of speech, freedom of speech. But do you feel like we might be getting to a point where we got to say, hey, listen, if something's racist, or can even be perceived as racist, that's just the line. You got to cut it out.
- You know, this is the 10th time you guys have asked me this. I mean, these guys-- these guys all have their own causes, things, you know, their own beliefs. We don't muzzle anybody here. We let everybody speak their mind. I don't know-- I don't know what he said that was racist. I don't know if I heard anything racist that he said. You know, I don't know.
- Would you agree that if it is racist, though, it's wrong?
- Yeah, of course. Come on!
- Well, just want to get it on the record.
- I'm not gonna play these games with you guys. Come on. If it's racist, would I-- yes, of course.
- Thank you.