Unique gifts for your significant other
1. 1899 Indoor Golf & Lounge: Buy a gift card for the golfer who wants to keep his or her game on point during the offseason. Golfers can play “virtually” on 120 different courses.
2. Jewelry: The only thing more beautiful than the white-and-glass “gift-box” building is the jewelry inside Jülz by Alan Rodriguez. In addition to well-known brands of watches, rings, necklaces and bracelets, the store specializes in one-of-a-kind, custom-made pieces.
3. The Spa at Atrium: Offers gift cards and special packages for couples for a variety of services.
4. Chocolates: Stark County is the home to many local chocolatiers: Ben Heggy’s Candy, Anastasiades Exclusive Chocolates, Waggoner Chocolates and Fannie May Fine Chocolates. Take your pick.
5. Eat at Home: Have a specially catered meal delivered to your home or hire a personal chef. Prices vary.
6. Home Team: For the sports fan in your life, consider buying tickets to a Cleveland Cavaliers home game at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in downtown Cleveland.
7. Shop at Belden Village Mall: For those who still like in-person shopping, the mall boasts more than 100 stores, in addition to merchandise booths that occupy the promenade.
Fun date ideas in Stark County
Stuck on where to go for a date? Here are some local places to visit and things to do:
1. Gervasi Vineyard: A jewel of a location that offers Italian cuisine at two restaurants; a distillery, a winery, scenic walkways and a piazza that features live music (weather permitting).
2. The Palace Theatre: In addition to second-run movies, the historic 1921 theater features live concerts and other programs, tours and events.
3. Massillon Museum: One of the best museums of its size in the country, “MassMu” showcases art and photography created by local artists and an extensive inventory of artifacts that illustrate the history of the city.
4. AMC Dine-In: Enjoy dinner and drinks while you enjoy first-run films on the big screen.
5. 410 Lounge: Rumored to be a former speakeasy, 410 Lounge is an intimate space that’s perfect for a one-on-one conversation. There’s also a variety of cocktails, including choices using fresh fruit and even vegetables.
6. The Escape Room: If you love a fun mystery that requires teamwork, this may be what you’re looking for. Visitors are tasked with figuring their way out of a locked room based on a series of clues found within the room and must do so within an allotted time.
7. Grapes in a Glass: For wine aficionados, the wine bar in downtown Canton boasts more than 70 wines (by the bottle or glass) and now offers a menu featuring a variety of complementary fare, including cheese and charcuterie boards, pizzas, shrimp tacos and desserts.
This article originally appeared on The Repository: Date-night and gift ideas to surprise your partner