The protestors were outside of the police department, chanting the names of a few minorities recently killed by law enforcement.
- It is time for these killings to stop.
- Ron Smith with Houston United front against fascism, one of several organizers for today's demonstration.
- What do you want?
- When do we want?
- Outside of the Houston Police Department--
- The energy is powerful.
- They marched and chanted.
- The mattresses, they need to stop. They need to be trained every month, every police officer.
- Today they marched for many, George Floyd, Dante Wright. And Marcelo Garcia, the man killed by a Harris County deputy during a mental health crisis last week.
- It seems like departments not just here, but in the whole country would have learned from the mistakes, would have tried to be a little more careful about what they're doing and not be prone to-- like they should think before they act.
- We need to let them know that not only are we watching but we are doing. We are demanding that it stop.
- The goal they say is to be heard. A message from many voices.
- Hopefully, someone takes notice. It's not going to be 1 March, 1 protest, 1 anything is going to stop.