As a refresher, the high-top variation of the Yeezy 500 has been altered with breathable neoprene material on the upper, which replaces the former mesh-based upper. Adding depth to the model is premium gray suede and leather overlays appearing on the toe, mudguard, as well as on the heel and ankle collar. Completing the look is a full-length gray Adiprene midsole that uses the Three Stripes’ shock-resistant technology while providing all-day comfort. The only trace of Adidas branding is seen on the toe cap.
More from Footwear News
- Stadium Goods and Watches of Switzerland Showcase Hype Culture Through an Exhibit of Rare Sneakers and Watches
- Kanye West's Next Adidas Yeezy 500 Is Covered in Bright Purple
- These 5 Yeezy Styles Are Expected to Release in November
For fans who want the shoes a month ahead of its rumored December release date, Stadium Goods.com has a men’s size 6 on sale for $645.
While official release information has yet to be confirmed by the brand, leaker py_rates on Twitter suggests that the latest Adidas Yeezy 500 High “Slate” will arrive on Adidas.com/Yeezy, Yeezy Supply and at select Adidas Yeezy retailers on Dec. 14 for a retail price of $220.
Yeezy 500 High ‘Slate’ Gets First On-Foot Look, Courtesy of Kourtney Kardashian
Adidas Further Cements Itself in the Esports World With Team Vitality Collab
Adidas Will End Its Robot Speedfactory Operations in Germany and the US in 2020
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court