Sep. 7—Services have been scheduled for the 22-year-old Marine from Logansport who was killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 26.
U.S. Marine Cpl. Humberto Sanchez was one of 13 military service members killed inside the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, by a suicide bomber. At least 170 Afghans were also killed.
Gundrum Funeral Home announced the service details for Sanchez in a Facebook post on Tuesday afternoon.
Sanchez is scheduled to arrive at Grissom Air Reserve Base at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. The procession to Logansport from Grissom will start between 10:45 and 11:15 a.m.
There will be no ceremony upon Sanchez's arrival to Logansport on Sunday.
A public visitation will take place from 1 to 7 p.m. Monday at LifeGate Church, 831 Burlington Ave. in Logansport.
A public funeral will follow at 11 a.m. Sept. 14 also at the church. Burial with full Military Graveside Rites will follow in Mount Hope Cemetery, Logansport.
The details of the procession route on the day of the funeral is as follows:
* Leave LifeGate Church and turn north onto Burlington Avenue
* Proceed on Burlington Avenue to the intersection of Third and Market streets
* Turn east onto Market Street to Sixth Street
* Turn north onto Sixth Street and proceed to Hanna Street
* Turn right on Hanna Street and then left onto Pleasant Hill and into Mount Hope Cemetery
A livestream link will be available on Sanchez's tribute page at www.gundrumcares.com.
Emily Wunderlich can be reached at 765-454-8585, by email at email@example.com or on Twitter @EmilyWunderlich.