According to its website, the GCDA is "a nonprofit organization that acts as a liaison between the City of Gadsden and the development community." Its mission:
• Actively pursue new retailers for Gadsden;
• Provide guidance to developers on permitting process;
• Maintain an extensive database of available development opportunities;
• Provide demographic profiles to developers;
• Work with city officials to promote development of city-owned property;
• Assist in the development of tax rebates on commercial projects.
This article originally appeared on The Gadsden Times: Gadsden Commercial Development Authority's mission