Dryer fire at Hayes & Ashbury laundromat shuts down street, reroutes buses

Photos: Teresa Hammerl/Hoodline

A one-alarm fire broke out on Monday afternoon at Suds Wash & Dry laundromat, located at 1907 Hayes St. (and Ashbury). 

A Fire Department representative told Hoodline that the fire started in one of the laundromat's dryers around 12:50 p.m. No one was injured, and the fire was contained by 1:15 p.m. 

The 21-Hayes bus line was rerouted and the street was blocked off as Fire Department worked to extinguish the fire. Blockades were cleared and the bus resumed its regular route around 2 p.m.