PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, MD — County Executive Angela Alsobrooks has officially filed for re-election. She submitted the paperwork Thursday.
The county executive uses the campaign theme “Further Together,” which derives from a sage African Proverb that she often quotes, “If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Her campaign platform will focus on continuing to build on the strides that she has made in education, COVID-19 response, improving government services, making our communities safer and expanding access to quality healthcare, her campaign shared.
Alsobrooks’ record includes data points such as:
· Investing $2.34 billion to ensure that every student has access to a quality education
· Breaking ground on 9 new schools,
· Breaking ground on a new behavioral health facility that will provide mental health and addiction care for residents opening in the summer of 2022
· Welcoming the new University of Maryland Capital Region Medical Center to downtown Largo
· Equipping all PGCPD patrol officers with body cameras
· Establishing a gun intelligence unit that recovered 1,399 guns from the neighborhoods that experienced the most violent crime
· Opening a new American Job Center at National Harbor that will serve 10,000 residents and businesses each year.
Alsobrooks has been applauded for her response to COVID-19, transitioning from one of the most highly impacted areas for COVID-19 to currently having one of the lowest infection rates and the highest vaccination rates in the state.