Students at Reserve Elementary School in Shaler on Tuesday remembered a teacher who died suddenly last fall; KDKA's Paul Martino reports.
- Students at Reserve Elementary School in Shaler remembered a teacher who died suddenly last fall. Kim Basic Young was just 43. Paul Martino tells us how they dedicated a walking trail in their late teacher's memory.
- A moving and touching ceremony from the students here at Reserve Elementary School in Shaler. They remembered a teacher who died much too young.
- Was a teenager.
- It may have been one of the hardest lessons these students ever learn. Their beloved Mrs. Young is gone. The kids did her proud.
- When Mrs. Young gave us a safe place to go.
- With a song and a poem.
- H is for hard working. Mrs. Young was always busy doing something for other people.
- Later, there was a butterfly release, a symbol of hope for the afterlife. Finally, they dedicated this walking trail to honor their departed teacher. The trail will include historic facts about Western Pennsylvania. It made their principal proud.
- Mrs. Young's amazing and unique spirit and the importance that she always placed on teaching and learning will live on and live daily through this educational trail, which we are dedicating today.
- In the years to come as these students walk along that trail, they'll continue to learn the lessons from Mrs. Young. In Shaler Township, Paul Martino KDKA News.