Elon Musk expresses another hot take on Russo-Ukrainian War

Elon Musk
Elon Musk
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

American businessman Elon Musk has once again made a controversial statement about the war between Ukraine and Russia on X (Twitter) on Feb. 20.

“We are working with SpaceX on this,” the minister said.

The minister suggested that there might be a way to disrupt the functioning of the Starlink used by the Russians without affecting the operations of the Starlinks utilized by the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

Ukraine recently offered SpaceX an algorithm that could stop Russians from using satellites on the front lines. Ukraine’s Digital Transformation Minister Mykhailo Fedorov said that Starlink could be disabled in the Russi-occupied territories, but this would have catastrophic consequences for Ukraine.

Read also: Starlink terminals sold on Russian platforms for use in Ukraine war — Russian media

The use of American terminals by Russians was confirmed by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry (HUR), whose spokesman Andriy Yusov stated that this “is beginning to become systematic.”

SpaceX stated that the company does not engage in business with the Russian government or its armed forces. Musk, as its founder, also adamantly denied selling Starlink terminals to Russia.

The Russian military began employing Starlink terminals from SpaceX, at its positions, acquiring them through third-party countries, Ukrainian military outlet Militarnyi, citing an expert, reported on Feb. 10.

Read also: Video shows Ukrainian drones taking out Russian Starlink terminal Musk previously denied they used

Musk repeatedly echoed Russian narratives about the unity of the Ukrainian and Russian peoples, suggesting that they should cooperate.

Musk had already been involved in a scandal after proposing that Ukraine improve relations with Russia and agree to cede occupied territories to prevent World War III. The situation for the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the front is hopeless, so a ceasefire would be the best solution, he said.

“Thousands of boys have died for nothing and Ukraine’s position grows weaker by the day.”

“A peace deal should have been done a year ago,” he said.

Read also: SpaceX denies selling Starlink to Russia amid accusations of smuggling, Ukraine takes action

We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!

Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine