- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
England said that she will use the money to catch up on back bills that have accumulated over the past year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The England Eatery is the latest Baltimore restaurant to get some help from the Famous Fund.
- Yes, Maryland Terrapins head football coach, Mike Locksley, made the call.
MIKE LOCKSLEY: I just know how tough. It's been for you guys, and I want you all to hang in there. But I also want to let you know that the Famous Fund is going to award you guys $7,500 to help you guys navigate through these COVID restrictions.
AISHA ENGLAND: Wow, wow. I really appreciate whoever, whoever-- like, you don't understand the level of appreciation I really do have for this.
- England opened her restaurant during the pandemic and says she had to change her entire business model to accommodate carry out.
- Now, England says she will use the money to catch up on back bills that have accumulated over the past year due to the pandemic. Now the Famous Fund, started by Jimmy's Famous Seafood, has raised over $450,000 to support small, local restaurants.