Chance of severe weather Friday, with the biggest risk being large hail and damaging winds.
DOUG DUNBAR: It's easy to forecast sunshine and blue sky, right? But what we're going to see here over the next 24 hours things, words like hail come into play possibly by tomorrow night.
ERIN MORAN: Some large hail. It's going to be possible. So we definitely want everyone to be weather aware heading into Friday. Of course right now, most of you have just kind of been noticing the clouds increasing. Temperatures are still in the 70s. It is very mild out there. But look at this image. This is why I just love meteorology. So this is water vapor imagery over the last six hours. At 4:45, there was nothing going on. And then you see that plume of moisture just kind of set up and intensify so quickly over parts of Central Texas and even some of our southern counties here in North Texas as well.
That's still ongoing. There's still severe weather down in Central Texas. And we've got a severe thunderstorm warning still in place for Anderson and Henderson County. That's through about 10:45 PM this evening, mainly for up to quarter-sized hail, which was definitely reported in Malakoff earlier. And now we see this storm continuing to move to the east-southeast. So you can see that hail core just to the south of Athens this evening. Now most of us staying storm free for tonight. We were anticipating a little bit more activity in Central Texas.
Once we get to tomorrow morning, you're going to notice cloudy skies. Temperatures are going to be sitting in the mid and upper 60s. Tomorrow afternoon, we should get into the mid and upper 80s. May see our warmest day of the year so far at 86 degrees forecast. But we do have strong storms possible in the afternoon and evening. The greatest threat for severe weather looks to be east of us. So you see that enhanced risk, that level three risk, for parts of Mississippi, a little bit of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and then East Texas as well. That does clip our eastern counties. Then we've got the level two slight risk, the level one marginal risk the farther west you go.
But I want everyone to be weather aware for tomorrow. It's kind of a conditional threat in the afternoon. And then we've got a cold front moving in for the evening. So the timing-- 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM, this is the conditional time frame. Do we get isolated storms with a dry line that moves through North Texas? 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM, we've got a cold front moving through, I think, especially along into the east of I35, we will have stormy weather. The main threats are going to be large hail and damaging winds with these storms. So as we look to Futurecast. It looks like the model data isn't coming in with Futurecast, but you get the timing of it-- 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM, we're going to be watching for the possibility of those isolated storms.
If the storms can break the cap. Remember, that cap kind of keeps everything stable. But if you break the cap, the storms intensify very quickly. Large hail, potentially up to baseball-sized hail would be possible. And then the wind damage, 60 to 70 mile an hour wind gusts. But this cold front moves through quickly. We're done with this weather by 1:00 AM on Saturday. Saturday during the afternoon, we've got sunny skies, highs in the 70s. And then we're in the 80s by Sunday.