Ex-con sought in Manhattan park sex attack

Rocco Parascandola, New York Daily News
·1 min read

An ex-con is suspected in the sexual assault and robbery of a woman in a Manhattan park, police said Wednesday.

Lamont Tate is wanted for questioning in the attack in Highbridge Park in Washington Heights at 3:15 p.m. on June 4, cops said.

The 28-year-old victim was walking near Edgecombe Ave. and W. 165th St. when she was grabbed from behind, dragged into the bushes, choked unconscious and forced to perform oral sex, police said.

“I won’t rape you if you give me oral sex,” the creep allegedly said.

He snatched her necklace and rings and ran off, authorities said.

Tate was paroled in April 19 after serving more than three years in state prison for a Bronx burglary. He previously served time for an attempted robbery in Brooklyn and was paroled in June 2011.

———

©2020 New York Daily News

Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.