HOME TO ROOST: Maria Grazia Chiuri has chosen Puglia, the region where her family is originally from, for Dior’s next cruise collection. The display will be held in Lecce, in the heel of Italy’s boot, and its date has been moved forward to May 9.
The French fashion house had originally set the show date for May 27, and did not provide a reason for the switch. Chanel will kick off the cruise calendar on May 7 in Capri. Gucci will show somewhere in the U.S. on May 18, Prada in Japan on May 21, and Max Mara in St. Petersburg, Russia, on May 25.
More from WWD
- Pharrell Williams, Eva Green, G-Dragon Attend Chanel Show
- Uma Thurman, Sigourney Weaver, Monica Bellucci Sat In A Womb At Dior
- Beyond the Runway: Judy Chicago on the Power of Art and Returning to the Womb
Since arriving at Dior in 2016 as artistic director of women’s haute couture, ready-to-wear and accessory collections, Chiuri has paraded her cruise collections in Los Angeles, Chantilly and Marrakech, Morocco.
Best of WWD
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways
- Celebrities at New York Fashion Week Spring 2020