CineAsia, the exhibition conference that has been held in Hong Kong since 2009, is setting up in Thailand capital Bangkok.
Organizers Film Expo Group sent out a brief note today stating that they had decided to relocate the event to the Thai city for 2020, where it will run December 7-10. No further details were provided at this stage.
More from Deadline
- CineAsia Industry Conference Canceled Amid Escalating Violence In Hong Kong
- Hulu's Content Chief Questions Future Of Library Exclusivity, Talks 'The Orville' & 'Veronica Mars' - TCA
- 'The Great': Hulu's Elle Fanning-Nicholas Hoult Comedy Takes Liberties With History - TCA
The 2019 edition of the event had been scheduled to take place in Hong Kong December 9-12 but was cancelled due to the ongoing unrest in the area.
The conference, which has sister events CineEurope in Barcelona and ShowEast in Miami, welcomes high-profile exhibition execs from around the world to showcase their slates.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers