Queen's hit song 'Bohemian Rhapsody' becomes first ‘diamond’ single.
[MUSIC - QUEEN, "BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY"]
QUEEN: (SINGING) --see a little silhouetto of a man. Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
- OK, I feel like you either love or hate the song, right? Hail to Queen. The British rock band just made music history. Its epic 1975 hit, "Bohemian Rhapsody," has just been certified diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America. For a song or album to go diamond, it has to sell 10 million copies. Now Queen is the first British band to have a single reach diamond status.
- I'll bet that movie from a couple of years ago helped boost the sales a lot.
- Especially since that was the title of the movie, right?
- Yeah. Rami Malek was fantastic in that.
- Oh, so good, so good.
- And made a bunch of money too.