A family of four was displaced from their home and suffered the loss of a pet cat after a structure fire in Colona.
Emergency responders got the call around 10:45 a.m. The Colona Fire Department says the fire started in the basement near the house’s furnace. Significant flames and smoke came from the origin of the fire. The family won’t be able to move back into the house tonight, and the Fire Chief says that the house may be a total loss due to the damage caused by the fire.
The Red Cross is helping the family with accommodations after the fire.