Blues and jazz fans across the Carolinas will have the chance to hear dozens of artists perform throughout York County this week.
The Arts Council of York County will host its 18th annual Blues and Jazz Festival in Clover, Fort Mill and Rock Hill on Thursday and Friday.
The festival will kick off Thursday night with two performances in Fort Mill and Clover.
In Fort Mill, fans can hear local jazz artist Carl Ratliff in Baxter Village’s Springmaid Park, at 980 Market St., from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The event is free.
And in Clover, fans can listen to the Charlotte-based jazz band Groove Masters at the Larne Building, at 103 N Main St., from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is $10.
On Friday, festival-goers will be able to enjoy 12 live performances at 11 downtown Rock Hill venues between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. The event is $20.
Here is Friday’s lineup:
▪ Eric Brown and Judith Porter Jazz will perform at the Cambria Hotel, 354 Technology Way.
▪ Cloud City Jazz will play at the Common Market, 161 W Main St.
▪ Buff Dillard will perform at Player 1 Up, at 140 E Main St.
▪ Mellogroove will perform in the Caldwell Court (accessible from Jimmy John’s, Main Street Bottle Shop, Caldwell Street and the Freedom Walkway).
▪ Weekends will play at the Tom S. Gettys Center, at 201 E Main St.
▪ Jay the Blues Thriller will perform at the Rock Hill Brewing Company, at 121 Caldwell St.
▪ JazzGroupProject will perform at The Flipside Restaurant, at 129 Caldwell St.
▪ J’Michael Peeples will perform at The Mercantile, 153 E White St.
How to attend music festival
Those interested in going to the festival can purchase tickets in advance online here, in person at the Center for the Arts at 121 E Main St. in Rock Hill, or by calling the Arts Council at 803-328-2787.
Festival-goers will be able to trade in tickets for a wristband at any ticket location or venue starting at 6 p.m. on Friday.
Volunteers are also needed for the festival. Those interested in volunteering can sign up online here. Volunteers will receive a festival T-shirt and a wristband for entry to the festival.