Jun. 3—The brother of a 4-year-old girl who died in a house fire early Sunday in Moxham also has died, the boy's father said on Wednesday.
Joseph Ferguson said his 5-year-old son Collin was declared brain dead at 11:20 a.m. Wednesday at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Feya Ferguson was pronounced dead at the scene of the Clover Street blaze.
Collin's mother, Beth Ferguson, was released from West Penn Hospital after being treated for burns.
"They released her so she could spend some time with Collin," Joseph Ferguson said after returning from Pittsburgh.
The boy's grandfather had surgery for a skin graft at West Penn Hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, Ferguson said.
The fire broke out around 2:10 a.m. trapping two children and one adult.
City firefighters rushed into the burning home and carried the children from the second floor, fire Chief Bob Statler said.
Despite their efforts, Feya didn't survive.
"The firefighters did everything they could to save her but the fire engulfed her bedroom and she had no way to escape," Ferguson posted on Facebook.
Cambria County Coroner Jeffrey Lees said Feya died of thermal burns and smoke inhalation.
"We are heartbroken," Ferguson posted. "We just lost our daughter and our home in one day and our son a few days later."
Ferguson said he believes the cause of the fire was an electrical problem in the bathroom, although Statler said the fire remains under investigation.
Ferguson said he remains focused on caring for his family and has set up a GoFundMe account.
More than $18,000 has been raised to support the family as of late Wednesday.
To donate, log on to https://gofund.me/082a50fc.